When The Heart Speaks Louder Than Words

When The Heart Speaks Louder Than Words
Where Books and Coffee; makes everything less worry

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Sacrifice

I cut my hair when I’m sad
An issue with a boyfriend
A friend, a problem, a feeling
Anything in between
Demands a lock of hair
For ritual killing
An offering for the cost
Of rejuvenating
And rise from
The deadly beating

After a while
It grew back and longer
But it won’t last with this anger
Again, it will be offered
To the deity of insanity
In exchange for serenity

It’s a mortal crown
That deserves an eternal frown
Long live the Queen they said
But why do we still stare
To the block of a statue
And sacrifice our virtue?

Every time I cut it
I knew I had it
This overwhelming feeling
Of a broken healing
A timeline I demand
To discover the recover
Of how will my heart begins
To wonder at love all over

But then again
We would never comprehend
Why sacrifice is legit
For a broken woman to commit
In searching for herself
Reunite with oneself
A riddle we all ponder
Forever wander this mysterious monster
Demands a hair
For an exchange
To remain center

No comments: